At Bank of the West, our people are having a
positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the
most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs,
financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable
energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action
to help protect the planet, improve people’s
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable
Responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring
that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BoW
2nd line of defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements and providing
challenge and support for continuous enhancements of the BU 1st line of defense
To coordinate and support Business Groups in implementing any
Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control assessment (RCRA, RCSA …) or
program or initiative. Manage the scope and the calendar, facilitate the
assessments/ implementation, ensure action plan follow-up.
To work with the assigned Business Group affected by changing
laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are
To support the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory /
Audit inquiries and coordinate evidence gathering
To coordinate the risks identification and action plan follow-up
To coordinate the production and distribution of processes,
procedures/policies and make sure of their compliance with 2LOD requirements
and BNPP as well
To coordinate the performance of controls and, if required, to
To coordinate and promote the identification and recording of
historical operational risk incidents
To contribute to any Compliance, Internal Control and Operational
To identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to
Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control
To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Op
Control and Audit team – and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure
Disseminates all ORD and Compliance information and requirements
Performs other duties as assigned.
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
· May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or related field
· To be the main point of contact and interface in HR for 2LOD, 3LOD and Reg Relations regarding the management of all audits and their related issues/findings.
· To coordinate and support HR Business Groups in managing their issues and findings, whether self-identified or assigned by internal or external parties.
· To work with the assigned Business Group affected by audit results to ensure that appropriate responsible parties are identified and that remediation plans are implemented by the agreed upon due dates.
· To support the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory / Audit inquiries and coordinate evidence gathering.
· To coordinate and promote the identification and recording of self-identified issues, Historical Incident
· To identify and report/escalation alerts early enough on any findings or issues that bear the risk of being remediated late or not being remediated satisfactorily.
· To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Risk, Audit and Reg Relations teams, and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure, organization and efficiency regarding the management of issues and findings.
· To contribute to the monitoring / enhancement of BOTW ACR Program
· To be the ambassador of BOTW Risk Culture
· Understanding of regulatory and internal control aspects
· Understanding the bank organization and governance Control skills
· Ability to analyze and synthetize data
· General knowledge of Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control
· General knowledge of HR would be a plus
· Data analysis skills set
· Project Management skills set
· Core competencies: Discretion / Confidentiality culture
· Risk management capacities
· Analytical skills
· Rigour and accuracy
· Competence for synthesis
· Capacity to report and inform
· Ease for communication
· Collaborative approach
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.