At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing Compliance Review including: formal examination programs designed to assess the effectiveness of the regulatory compliance programs and adherence, project planning, Compliance Review execution, and any needed follow-up to ensure remediation of any identified regulatory weaknesses.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs, Plans and Leads Compliance Reviews (Monitoring and Testing) to assess the effectiveness of the bank's practices used to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Manages a Compliance Monitoring and Test Team assigned to a geographical area, a business line or a product family.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the "regulatory compliance programs" within the team's scope of responsibility.
- Researches regulatory law, recent or proposed changes, guidance and interpretations as part of the Compliance Review planning process.
- writes Compliance Assessment Reports for senior and executive management that summarizes the scope of work performed, findings, and any regulatory exceptions.
- Participates in the Regulatory Risk Assessment process that identifies and maintains the bank list of high, medium and low risk legal and regulatory obligations.
Other Job Duties
- May participate in the development of Compliance standards, policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Verbal and judgment skills necessary to interact with the bank’s FDIC regulators Ability to interact with Corporate Compliance’s Regulatory SME Team, and integrates their advice and regulatory opinion into test script development and our compliance review programs.
- Executes appropriate professional judgment pertaining to privileged knowledge about the bank’s regulatory weaknesses.
- Prior internal audit, bank examiner or compliance experience helpful.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.