Sr. Compliance Testing Officer- Analytics & Reporting
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for planning, developing, and managing business line reports presented to Senior Management and Board level Committees; controlling workflow activities and deadlines. The Senior Data Analytics and Reporting Analyst is responsible for collaborating with senior management to identify data analytics opportunities, designs, and lead in executing key messages and objectives of the reports. Lead the review cycles to ensure timely submission of the Committee Reports to Committee Coordinators.
Oversight of risk based analytics and testing results reporting for Senior Management and Board Level Reports. Includes:
- Validating 1st LOD controls and processes are working appropriately through recurring key risk indicator focused analytics.
- Creating and developing various Senior Management and Board level reports with mulitple or various function focus. Coordinates with other BOW/BWE/IHC compliance/risk groups and Group testing team leaders in developing meaningful reporting.
- Identifying and developing processes and procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
Provides leadership and direction in identifying data analytic opportunities and applying regulatory requirements to the development of automated testing scripts. Includes:
- Identifying data analytics opportunities, designs, and leads in executing reports in a way to successfully meet the established deadlines.
- Regulatory and data analysis, research and mining
- Navigating within technology envrionments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing
- Effectively documenting and reviewing the analysis of other compliance/analytic testers in accordance with Compliance Independent Standards and procedures
Lead and manage projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts. Provide project oversight by removing roadblocks, handling escalations and ensuring that timelines and deliverables are met. Includes:
- Managing analyst teams and lead/coordinate partner teams of varying experience/ability
- Leading the schedule and workflow for multiple data analytic requests and resulting reports.
- Collaborating directly with subject matter experts to produce, contribute, review, or approve the results.
Influence and develop trust-based relationships across the independent testing leads, technology and external parties. Includes:
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming.
- Providing guidance in constructing data metrics, statistics, and analyses.
- Ensuring quality reports such as trend analysis is provided through data analyses techniques and presentation materials are generated into established templates and style guides.
Training and mentoring Compliance Independent testing teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools. Partnering with Compliance Independent Testing teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the Compliance Independent function.
Other Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conducts quality assurance reviews to evaluate CIT adherence with CIT standards and expectations.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews to evaluate 1st Line of Defense adherence to generic control plans.
- Facilitate audit and exam requests documentation
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; MBA preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following: CAMS, CRCM, CISA, CIA, CFSA or ACDL
- Audit and/or Compliance experience at a large financial institution
- SQL and ACL experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to develop compliance risk focused reporting and perform complex data analysis
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to lead project/initiatives with high risk and complexity
Other Desired Qualifications
- Tableau experience including executive presentation and delivery
- Proficiency with ACL and preferably other programming language and tools (Visual Basic, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.