Sr. Compliance Testing Officer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible as professional contributor performing ‘audit-like” testing of compliance controls in the business units. Leads planning, test execution, reporting and remediation validation of compliance controls, and manages projects requiring the responsibility of delegating work and reviewing resulting work product. Works independently with limited supervision. Anticipates and implements changes to the testing plans as a result of changes in the Bank’s business environment including regulatory changes. Leads meetings with various business stakeholders for all phases of testing to communicate status and test results. Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. Adapts well to and embraces change. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Independently performs assigned testing activities and develops risk-based testing work papers under the supervisor of the Compliance Testing Manager, and/or Head of Independent Testing guidance.
- Leads and performs assigned testing activities within budgeted project hours including cross team engagements and adheres to established timelines for testing assignments.
- Performs testing activities accurately, thoroughly, and following work paper protocols in accordance with BOW Compliance Independent Testing Standards, Operations Manual, General Control Plans/Fundamental Monitoring Points requirements, and Combined US Operation/Intermediate Holding Company Compliance Testing Standards.
- Adheres to the established service level agreements, and any promised timelines in order to provide high value service to business partners.
- Contributes to team process enhancements through sharing of innovative ideas. Also, adapts to and executes process improvements timely.
- Develops and maintains core technical and soft skills (e.g., systems, leadership, people management, planning and organizing, communication, job knowledge and problem solving).
- Prepares and presents written information in a clear, concise, grammatically correct, and convincing manner.
- Demonstrates and influences others with a positive attitude in the work place and accepts accountability.
- Responds timely to internal or external requests for information, analysis and/or advisory testing services.
- Achieve objectives within constraints.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field Required
- Series 7, 63 or 65, and 24 required
- Any of the following: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), CRCM, CAMS or equivalent audit/compliance certification preferred
- Years of functional/professional experience: 5 to 7+ yrs. combined in Banking/Broker-Dealer/Investment Adviser/Compliance/Audit/Risk Management/Regulatory
- Strong compliance knowledge and
experience with FINRA registered broker-dealer and SEC registered
Investment Adviser; and other compliance
experience in private banking and trust in wealth management
Planning, Execution and Reporting for FINRA Branch examinations covering Registered Supervisory OSJ Offices, non-OSJ registered Branches, Wealth Management registered offices and Rep-based inspections
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Strong knowledge of general banking and/or broker dealer/investment adviser with an understanding of deposit, lending and investment products;
- Familiarity with corrective action and other control remediation process;
- Strong writing and comprehension skills;
- Independent worker; ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of data analytics tool (i.e., ACL) preferred
- Ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines;
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively
- Language skills - French and or Spanish preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.