At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
This is a full time remote postion.
Job Description Summary
As part of the Financial Security Program Team, the role is responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate BSA/AML/KYC policies, standards, and procedures and for supporting their effective implementation throughout the Bank. This includes partnering with Enterprise Business Units and First Line of Defense Controls and Governance (or “1LOD C&G”) teams in the implementation of Financial Security Program requirements. This role is also responsible for responding to changes in relevant laws, regulations, and parent company policy, identifying impacts across the enterprise, adjusting policy as necessary, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation. This role plays a critical role in supporting the first line of defense by providing timely and relevant policy advisory as a subject matter expert on all areas of BSA/AML/KYC. Finally, this role supports the Financial Security Monitoring function, which is responsible for oversight and guidance for Financial Security activities, and for ensuring that adequate monitoring is in place for 1LOD-related Financial Security compliance activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Drives development, implementation and maintenance of an effective Financial Security Compliance Program across all business lines, including updates to policies, standards, and procedures;
- Oversees bank-wide content alignment review and exceptions request processes for Financial Security policies and standards;
- Ensures alignment of Bank governance documents to BNPP policies and procedures;
- Provides support and guidance to Enterprise Business Units and 1st LOD Controls and Governance teams on Financial Security policy and regulatory interpretation and implementation;
- Develops and delivers effective reporting on BSA/AML/KYC policy efforts; and
- Provides expertise, oversight, guidance, and advice on Financial Security-related regulatory requirements that affect the Enterprise Business Units and oversees the Business Unit compliance implementation efforts.
Other Job Duties
- Supports the Financial Security monitoring functions as needed by partnering with business line team members to ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution, and reporting/escalation of existing and emerging compliance risks and issues;
- Assists in the development of BSA/AML/KYC compliance training as required;
- Reviews and advises on Enterprise Business Lines BSA/AML/KYC compliance-related training materials, assignments, and delivery;
- Assists in preparation for regulatory and/or audit examinations, advises on remediation and Action Plan design to address findings, and advises on timely remediation efforts of exam issues, in addition to any self-identified or compliance-identified issues;
- Collaborates across the Compliance community to synthesize and communicate a comprehensive view of compliance risk to management; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years relevant experience;
- 2-3 years experience at major banking institution or regulatory agency, and/or relevant industry certification;
- Graduate Degree in related field preferred; and
- Related professional certification (i.e. CAMS, CFCS) preferred.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills (both written and oral), including the ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization;
- Ability to take ownership and drive complex processes with minimal oversight;
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills, with particular focus on developing policy solutions;
- Highly organized and diligent, with careful attention to detail and deadlines;
- Experience engaging stakeholders across diverse business groups and teams;
- Ability to balance and execute on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Mastery of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must, with SharePoint experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of assigned laws and regulations (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, FinCEN CDD Rule, and FFIEC Examinations Manual);
- Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions; and
- Strong writing skills for composition of reports.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.