BSA/AML Senior Compliance Officer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
As part of a specialized BSA Policy and Governance team, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate BSA/AML/KYC policies and standards and supporting their effective implementation throughout BOW. This includes partnering with BSA Management, Compliance Advisory, and first line of defense teams to develop and implement policy Bank-wide, including oversight of the business line procedure alignment and except request processes. This role is also responsible for responding to changes in relevant laws, regulations, and parent company policy, identifying impacts across the enterprise, adjusting policy as necessary, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation. Finally, this person plays a critical role in supporting the first line of defense by providing timely and relevant policy advisory as a subject matter expert on all areas of BSA/AML/KYC.
- Drives development, implementation and maintenance of an effective BSA/AML/KYC compliance program across all business lines, including updates to policy and standards annually or more frequently as warranted;
- Oversees bank-wide content alignment review and exceptions request process for BSA/AML/KYC-related procedures to the enterprise policies;
- Ensures alignment of BOW processes to BNPP policies and procedures;
- Reviews changes to BSA/AML/KYC-related laws, regulations and regulatory guidance that have impact on any business conducted by Bank of the West and develops action plans accordingly;
- Provides support and guidance to the business lines on BSA/AML/KYC policy and regulatory interpretation and implementation;
- Develops and delivers effective reporting on BSA/AML/KYC policy efforts; and
- Assists in the development of BSA/AML/KYC compliance training as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years relevant experience
· Master’s Degree in related field preferred
Field of Experience
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral)
· Ability to take ownership and drive complex processes with minimal oversight
· Strong analytical capacity, with particular focus on analyzing and developing policy
· 2-3 years directly related compliance experience at major banking institution or regulatory agency, and/or relevant industry certification
· Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, CDD Rule, and FFIEC Examinations Manual
· Highly organized and diligent, with careful attention to detail and deadlines
· Experience engaging stakeholders across diverse business groups and teams
· Ability to balance and execute on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Mastery of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must, with SharePoint experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.