At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides compliance support and expertise within the High Risk Customer Unit and BSA Operations. Responsible for monitoring changes to relevant laws and regulations, identifying impacts across the Unit and coordinating with Compliance and business leaders to determine any needed changes to procedures or controls. Assist with execution and coordination of compliance programs within assigned area of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions
· Participates in the Bank’s Compliance Committee providing reports and information to top management as it relates to customers posing a higher risk to the Bank.
· Coordinates and manages record of High Risk Customers
· Regularly communicates with Compliance partners within Line of Businesses
· Provides consultation on compliance to line managers.
· Assists in the development of compliance procedures that align with regulatory requirements.
· Assists in responding to compliance audits and monitors any corrective action required.
· Identifies specific training needs for assigned group. Develops and conducts compliance training.
· Reviews and approves forms and related operational procedures to ensure compliance.
· Acts as the subject matter expert on assigned laws and regulations, keeping abreast of all developments impacting assigned laws and regulations.
· Performs special projects regarding Bank compliance activities which may result in in-depth studies and analysis, including the preparation of Board level presentations.
· Assists in preparation for regulatory examinations and internal audits.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
· 5 Years’ experience working with regulatory agencies such as FDIC and CFPB is preferred.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Alternative: Combination of education and experience that equates requirements.
· Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of deposit, lending and alternative investment products.
· Strong knowledge of assigned laws and regulations.
· Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions.
· Effective Communication Skills across Business Units
· Strong writing skills for composition of reports.
· Analytical and research
· Bank and product knowledge
· Compose letters/memorandums
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.