Banking Sales Strategy Advisor-Commercial/Business
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Primarily responsible for Commercial Banking sales performance management, marketing and any other business development related projects with the objective of revenues and profitability growth. Primary liaison to the Marketing, Data & Analytics, Finance, Learning and Development Departments on all business development related efforts.
• Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have deep knowledge of project management and good knowledge of data analytics
• Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience, preferably in Commercial or Business banking.
• Implements division marketing strategies and procedures. Establishes marketing goals and measurements systems in line with the overall objectives of the Bank.
• Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
• Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product line and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing and operational activities.
• Manages coordination and communication with various Product Group Managers to develop strategies, create and tailor products and services, develop and communicate sales strategies, coordinate training, track sales results and communicate to Officer Managers.
• Assists in determining performance goals, tracking and assessing periodic performance of division employees.
• Acts as primary liaison for the division in developing overall marketing strategies, directing advertising placement and creative efforts, collateral development, press releases and corporate communications, NewsWest stories, Internet and Intranet developments, events and sponsorships.
• Assists in the preparation of short and long-range plans and monitors progress. Conducts periodic officer meetings to communicate sales results, marketing strategies and discuss product needs and competitive issues. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace.
Other Job Functions
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of commercial or business banking, sales and marketing, and financial service needs of related commercial business.
• Analytical and research.
• Commercial or Business Banking products and services knowledge
• Coordinate events and meetings.
• Demonstrated management skills.
• Marketing skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Planning and organizing.
• Presentation skills.
• Prospecting development
• Use personal computer.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Master’s in Finance or marketing or business-related subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.