Sr. Collections Manager Personal Finance Division
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a team of supervisors and line staff that are focused on one or more segments of the Collections/Asset Recovery life cycle, including Collections, Repossessions, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Inventory Management and OREO functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly supervise and manage one or more supervisors to obtain delinquency and charge off goals and objectives.
- Oversees and monitors policy and procedures related to the NFG Collections and Asset Recovery life cycle.
- Monitors and controls adherence to various State and Federal Laws including, but not limited to, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Reg. Z, RESPA, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Prepares performance evaluations and makes personnel recommendations, including hiring, counseling and termination.
- Prepares budget and monitors performance against budget goals, including unit costs and staffing projections.
- Improves and updates performance efficiency and technology.
- Participates in system upgrades, testing, procedures, training and implementation.
- Effectively resolves complaints from consumers and external and internal units.
- Oversees correspondence and reporting.
- Maintains vendor relationships, including contract compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Thorough knowledge of secured consumer loans, leases, lines of credit, and mortgage loans is also preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.