What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.Job Description Summary
Provides 2nd level technical and operational support, resolving a variety of non-routine, sometimes complex, client inquires and operational problems for the RBG Cash Management product lines. Serves as an escalation point internally for both the RBG – Cash management Services group and CBG group. Partners with operational support units and third party vendors of the bank to resolve issues.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Investigates and resolves a variety of non-routine, sometimes complex, client inquires and operational problems.
- Serves as the escalation point of contact for "Cash Management customers" needing trouble resolution to depository and other product / services.
- Provides technical support to Cash Management relationship unit when complexity of issues requires additional support.
- Acts as liaison to resolve complex service or operational issues with operations, product management and sales as required. Handles technical or service issues as appropriate to maintain service level agreements.
- Provides support with documentation, maintenance, ordering supplies, updates customer profile, completes various forms to link the accounts to existing products and services.
- Maintains current knowledge of products and systems related to deposit and cash management products and services.
- Assists the group in ensuring adherence to the Bank's security and audit procedures as well as industry rules and regulations.
- Assists new hires and others in the resolution of customer service inquiries and problems prior to escalating them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Fluency in Japanese Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Detailed knowledge in branch depository and account maintenance functions.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of technical, PC-based cash management products.
- Detailed knowledge in back office operational processes related to all cash management products and services preferable.
- Detailed knowledge of call center/customer support, banking products, PC operations, and general documentation processing is required.
- Research and analysis Interpersonal Skills Troubleshooting and issue resolution Internal and external customer service Verbal communication Desktop PC applications use.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. #LI-CS1
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking