Sr Business Systems Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst who has the technical data analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.
• Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for new solutions and/or integration projects
• Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
• Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
• Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems
• Communicates how to use data to drive business decisions that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
• Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
• Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources to create source to target mapping documents
• Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result
• Provides support as a subject matter expert to internal IT teams and business partners
• May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing
• May support users in user acceptance testing
• May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to present data as a concise story for diverse audiences and create detailed requirement documents and user stories
• Able to ask smart, straightforward, intelligent, and efficient questions
• Knowledge of data analysis and SQL Data Query Tools required
• Able to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and hone in on customer and business objectives
• Exposure to Excel modeling, math and statistical skills a plus
• Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Experienced in R, Python, and other programming language a plus
• Familiarity with analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance related field
7+years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects
Experience working in a data warehouse environment and leading large projects
Experience in Retail Banking is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.