Sr Business Systems Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Date Services (EDS) Group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank's internal and external reporting needs and data-driven analysis to support the Bank's strategic initiatives. We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst who has the technical data analytical skills to solve complex problems.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for new solutions and integration projects.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents.
- Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources to create source to target mapping documents.
- Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems.
- Communicates how to use data to drive business decisions that may include changing course, improving a process or product or creating new services or products.
- Evaluates the financial reporting and general ledger system impact of new products and system changes across all business lines.
- Directs general ledger front-end system configuration changes.
- Solves business related problems using data driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data and provides strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions.
- Works with the IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned results.
- May support development of test scripts, participate in functional testing and support users during acceptance testing.
- Directs the monitoring and maintenance of system control accounts.
- Coordinates systems integration processes, projects, and data production activities with the IT Steering Committee.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains up-to-date policy and procedure documentation including periodic testing to ensure adherence of all policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing business units.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive knowledge of banking industry product lines including Commercial and Retail Banking and related operational processes. Knowledge of Cash Management and Payment Processing is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Data warehouse projects. Strong data analysis and SQL skills. Familiar with Informatica or other data tools.
- Experience using Data Querying tools like TOAD, SQL Developer.
- Data presentation skills
- Ability to perform General Ledger reconciliations across multiple portfolios
- Experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects creating requirement documents and user stories.
- Experience in data analytics, data profiling and source to target mapping.
- Knowledge and technical skills in systems management and technologies integration for centralized control and optimization.
- Proficient in MS Office and Quality Control and defect tracking tools like HP QC and Jira.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.