Sr Business Sys Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst who has the technical data analytical skills to solve complex problems, and the intellectual curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved.
Essential Job Functions
- Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
- Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources to create source to target mapping documents
- Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems
- Uses data to driven techniques to develop business cases that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to internal IT teams and business partners
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing
- May support users in user acceptance testing
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
- 4 -8 years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects and the creation of detailed requirement documents and/or user stories
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Retail Banking and wholesale Banking
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience in data analytics, data profiling and source-to-target mapping.
- Experience in Banking Customer/Master data along with GL Reconciliations.
- Experience in Banking Reg. Reporting, Compliance related projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- Degree in Finance, Analytics and Strategy is plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Able to ask smart, straightforward, intelligent, and efficient questions
- Knowledge of data analysis and SQL Data Query Tools required
- Able to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and hone in on customer and business objectives.
- Must be able to understand Banking/Financial Data
- Must be able to perform General Ledger reconciliations across multiple portfolios
- Must have experience in executing Regulatory Reporting projects like IFRS9, IHC, CCAR etc.
- Must have knowledge and experience in Data warehouse projects.
- Must be able understand and decode the existing systems using ETL Informatica and SAS codes.
- Experience in using Data Querying tools like TOAD, SQL Developer etc.
- Exposure to Excel modeling, math and statistical skills a plus
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in working with Quality control and defect tracking tools like HP QC and JIRA.
- Experience in understanding .JSON file data blocks.
- Experienced in R, Python, and other programming language a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.