At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) group manages the enterprise data warehouse which provides data for all the Bank’s internal and external reporting needs, and data-driven analysis to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives. One of these strategic initiatives is to transform the Bank from a "Market Participant" indirect auto lender model to a "preferred lender" model by expanding and enhancing dealer relationships and products provided.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the primary liaison between IT and Personal Finance Division group during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for new solutions and/or integration projects
- Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Indirect Auto lending business.
- Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
- Creates the mock ups for Reports and Dashboards
- Data story teller: communicates how to use data to drive business decisions that may include changing course, improving a process or product, or creating new services or products
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with departmental staff, and internal business partners
- Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
- Analyzes, evaluates and profiles the data gathered from multiple sources and creates source to target mapping documents
- Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
- Supports users in user acceptance testing
- Works on ad-hoc requests from Personal Finance Division to extract data and generate reports from data warehouse
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing
- May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
- 8 -10 years' experience working as a Business Systems Analyst on complex, cross functional projects and the creation of detailed requirement documents and/or user stories
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Retail Banking and Wholesale Banking
- Minimum 5 years' experience in consumer lending and personal finance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data warehousing
- Experience in data analytics, data profiling and source-to-target mapping
- Experience in the full life cycle of auto lending (direct and indirect); origination to full payment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
- Degree in Finance and analytics a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to ask smart, straightforward intelligent and efficient questions
- Knowledge of data analysis, SQL Data Query Tools and OBIEE/Tableau reporting tools.
- Able to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and hone in on customer and business objectives
- Exposure to Excel modeling, math and statistical skills
- Must be highly detail oriented, meticulous, and self-directed
- Business savvy, with the ability to interpret technology issues for consumption by non-technology business partners
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experienced in R, Python, and other programming language is preferred
- Familiarity with analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics etc.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance