At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
NOTE: this position allows you to work in any locations mentioned in the posting.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure in the Group. Work directly with business users and management to understand the needs, develop and deliver business intelligence solutions to satisfy business goals and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for providing highly complex analytical and project oversight, assisting with internal strategy and ad-hoc projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages data gathering efforts with internal and external business partners.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence (BI) Infrastructure in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
- Create dashboards, reports and conduct complex adhoc analysis to support business needs
- Participates in the management of complex projects.
- Interprets complex analysis and develops presentations for senior management.
- Partners with members of other groups and functions within the bank to drive results.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other quantitative disciplines required
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional financial modeling skills
- Strong data collection, research and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industries
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), ETL/SSIS, Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with visualization and dashboard tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
- Ability to summarize complex information into condensed simple to understand information
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
- Ability to self-motivate and a flexibility to work independently and with a team in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Able to see details and the “big picture
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work Visas at this time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance