At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing highly complex analytical and project oversight by conducting financial analyses, assisting with internal strategy and ad-hoc projects, and performing competitor and industry benchmarking analysis for a designated Business Line.
Essential Job Functions
- Interprets complex analysis and develops presentations for senior management.
- Partners with members of other groups and functions within the bank to drive results.
- Analyze data and create digital reports to derive business insights to improve digital experience.
- Partner with product and business managers to establish, capture and monitor metrics to track business results.
- Use web navigation data, measure web experimentation results, and apply data science discipline.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Ability to partner with product managers in an agile environment.
- Typically viewed as an analytics and business insights expert.
- Mid-level SQL skills (preferably Oracle).
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- At least 3 year experience interpreting the data from a business perspective and communicating those insights to nontechnical business partners and management.
- Bachelor's Degree Economics, Math, Accounting, or applicable field
Strong data collection, research and quantitative skills
Ability to summarize complex data into simple to understand information
Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
Experience using Adobe Target (preferred) or experimentation.
Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics to create and interpret reports.
Ability to self-motivate and work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Will be responsible for discerning client’s explicit and implicit needs. Will be responsible for writing standard systems development lifecycle business deliverables.
Problem solving skills. Must be able to understand a business problem from the client’s perspective and propose potential solutions. The ability to visualize how existing technology solutions could be changed / leveraged to meet future needs would be a plus.
Able to see details and the “big picture”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance