At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing highly complex analytical support, assisting with internal strategy and ad-hoc projects, and creating both performance tracking and control reports for a designated Business Line.
Essential Job Functions
Manages data gathering efforts and builds complex reporting solutions
Leverages knowledge of the data to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and performance improvements
Participates in the management of complex projects
Interprets complex analysis and develops presentations for senior management
Partners with members of other groups and functions within the bank to drive results.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Economics, Math, Accounting, or applicable field preferred
- Strong data skills in SQL or equivalent language and working with Oracle and or MS SQL Server databases.
- Ability to summarize complex information into simple to understand information
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tool building visualizations, dashboards, and stories and building custom calculated fields including leveraging LOD calculations.
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and a desire to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industries a plus
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, experience with bank accounting and financial statement analysis a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance