Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on
the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like
advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more
small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect
the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are
continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while
contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure in the Group. Work directly with business users and management to understand the needs, develop and deliver business intelligence solutions to satisfy business goals and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for providing highly complex analytical and project oversight, assisting with internal strategy and ad-hoc projects.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and maintenance of the BI Infrastructure in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
- Create dashboards, reports and conduct complex adhoc analysis to support Business needs
- Good understanding of ETL processes, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Business Intelligence reporting infrastructure to ensure performance of the system and security of the data
- Proficient in working with Business Users & converting Business needs into technical requirements
- Expert in Tableau as well as OBIEE for creation of dashboards and RPD
- Expert in SQL, data analysis, and performance tuning. Experience working with Oracle database
- Work with users to develop processes and procedures for creating Data mart and ensure reliability of information entered
- Develop BI metadata and models for standard, adhoc reporting, analysis and management dashboards
- Participate in user requirement gathering, leading the prototype for all BI initiatives
- Lead the internal review process of reports, adhoc queries built by business users and identify potentials for process improvement & increase in efficiency
- Maintain appropriate documentation for data mart and BI platform
- Train users on usage of data and the creation of reports
· Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline
· May have broad knowledge of project management
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Extensive experience using data visualization products like Tableau
- Experience creating dashboards, reports and RPD using OBIEE
- Proven technical ability with a variety of analytic programming and data manipulation tools including SQL, R, Python.
- Understanding of Data Modeling and Architecture
- Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational and dimensional
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through
· Bachelor's Degree Economics, Math, Accounting, or applicable field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.