At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Through minimal management oversight and acts independently to determine methods for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster response plans to facilitate the recovery of specific critical processes and applications in the event of a significant business disruption. Assesses both financial and non-financial impacts of a critical process or application on the critical business units by initiating and maintaining a Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and implements an annual plan for all business continuity and disaster planning requirements, including BIA, plan preparation, planning review and approval, training, exercises, and reporting and maintains an overall Pandemic Plan.
- Schedules, communicates and monitors annual BC testing cycle requirements with BC Team members to plan, conduct and maintain enterprise-wide Business Impact Analysis Surveys and Business Recovery and IT Recovery Plans to ensure plans reflect critical recovery strategies and accurate recovery time objectives for the Bank’s recovery during a declared disaster.
- Develops and test the Bank’s crisis response and disaster recovery capabilities in each of the Bank’s business areas, to include the primary business lines, operations and systems and key back office operations.
- Assists BC Manager to assess business continuity risk to the Bank in key business areas and provides recommendations to mitigate risk and implements solutions as directed by senior management.
- Establishes crisis recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas to ensure the recovery procedures are effective.
- Assists BC Manger with the development of emergency response and crisis management procedures; publishes and updates procedures to reflect changes in staff, location, and organization and provide training to stakeholders.
- Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a crisis in the implementation of response and business resumption and operating strategies.
- Actively participates in decision making with the BC Manager, generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
Other Job Duties
- Evaluates, counsels, mentors and provides feedback to the BC Manager on the performance of others.
- Membership and visibility in professional organizations and play substantive role in developing a strong relationship with internal and external resources.
- Coordinates vendor risk assessment reviews for BC Team and serves as a liaison to the Enterprise Third Party Program on behalf of the BC Manager for implementing ETPP management requirements.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.