At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction, responsible for maintaining data quality and analyzing and reporting complex data and information to support WMG initiatives. Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to business operations. Responsible for taking on complex and high profile projects. Understand business processes and enterprise analysis responsibilities. Act as primary liaison between business operations and technology and support business partners to ensure consistent progression and effective communication.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit/Department
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches for data interpretation, and results measurements are employed
- Identify and define data quality checks
- Ensures data quality standards are established within groups Data Community
- Develop and execute plans aligned for DQ checks coverage of the entire data lifecycle, as close to origination point as possible
- Drive execution of data governance activities for the lines of business
- Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that project dependencies are clearly defined and appropriately communicated in terms of time required to complete
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team, and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed
- Conduct gap analysis to compare as-is with the to-be business processes, perform analysis and offer solution recommendations
- Develop wireframes, mock-ups, process flows, and etc. to display the visualization of front-end user designs and business processes
- Create different artifacts such as business requirements, functional requirement specifications, technical design specifications, traceability matrix to the defined requirements
Other Job Duties
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write user stories, manage scrum calls, and prioritize backlog.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Developers to compose requirements.
- Act as liaison between the business and the project team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience on RPA, BPM and CRM projects
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through higher level education combined with work experience.
- Typically viewed as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data analysis, profiling and reporting
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of Agile Project Methodology experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, IT, Finance, Statistics or related field.
- Business Intelligence: Power BI, Tableau, MS Excel
- Understanding of Data Warehouse tools: Informatica, ERWin
- Project Management: MS Project Plan, JIRA
- Database Languages: SQL
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server
- SQL Tools: Oracle SQL Developer
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Portal: Sharepoint
- Experience with Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for documenting necessary processes, business requirement proposals, business interaction, and project documentation as required.
- Strong demonstrated analytical and research skills, attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in an understandable manner
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Preferred experience in writing Macros and VBA Script, if not willingness to learn and develop
Wealth Mgmt Group / GIFS
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis. Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit. Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation; Ensures project's dependencies are clearly defined and appropriately communicated in terms of time required to complete. Primary liaison with business partners, development team, and technology.
- Conduct gap analysis to compare as-is with the to-be business processes, perform analysis and offer solution recommendations. Develop wireframes, mock-ups, process flows, and etc. to display the visualization of front-end user designs and business processes.
- Create different artifacts such as business requirements, functional requirement specifications, technical design specifications, traceability matrix to the defined requirements. Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages.
- May perform marketing design projects which enhance or demonstrate report analysis; May design style, format, develop concepts, graphics and layouts for marketing publication illustrations. Will also determine size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size.
- May provide back-office training and support on application usage and functionality.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$75,000.00 - $120,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.