At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Identity Access Management (IAM) Senior Business Analyst will have responsibility for documenting business, functional and data requirements and processes for one or more solutions in our IAM applications suite. This Business Analyst will work collaboratively within the IAM Technology Operations team, IAM project team, and with technology partners across the organization to develop schedules and corresponding functional/data requirements for IAM solution enhancements. This Business Analyst will also work closely with the IAM Business Operations team to document process workflows, department and end user procedures to ensure smooth transitions as new IAM solution features are moved into production for end-users.
Essential Job Functions
- Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple servicing and other source systems reconcile differences, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to understand and distinguish optional user requests from what is required.
- Conduct user acceptance testing as it relates to the technology solutions.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Advise and lead in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
- Drive business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Identify, integrate, and manage required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Will form part of a project team and will be expected to interact with the team on a daily basis.
- Will report to a manager in the business line.
- Initiate the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals through discussion with project stakeholders.
- Oversee test and project task development and implementation.
- Evaluate and provide written and verbal updates on project status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Experience analyzing user requirements and workflows
- Some experience with IAM is preferred ( Sailpoint or CyberArk)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.