Sr Business Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This role is responsible for providing data analysis to support the implementation of the BankWest Customer Data Master Program. This will involve analyzing customer and account information from multiple sources within the bank, creating logic to identify the best quality information, and providing analysis and leadership on managing this data into a singular master client record. The Senior BA will work with each control area and ensure customer data requirements are understood, prioritized and mapped to agreed BWE Customer Master target system design and address any gaps. This individual is responsible for working with the IT teams on developing and documenting the data logic solutions, communicating the solution approach, identifying any workarounds and gaps and designing tactical and strategic solutions to address them. This individual will provide key leadership in the testing and implementation of the data logic in the system and work with the consuming business areas to ensure they understand the rationale of the solutions implemented in the customer master data.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate the data available in the current sources and identify gaps or data quality issues that need to be addressed to meet the functional requirements.
- Develop scenarios and logic to oversee data and data quality remediation efforts to meet these requirements.
- Understand any customer data attribute derivations or transformations required to support the reporting needs of these functions.
- Monitor the quality of data within the bank’s systems as it relates to the data impacting these teams.
- Document, prioritize and update data quality related issues; work closely with business and technology representatives to have them resolved.
- Provide leadership for the testing of data in line with the business requirements.
- Design near term tactical solutions and long term designs for addressing issues with the data.
- Ensure consumers of the data from the functions understand the proposed solution approaches, priorities, scope, timing and availability of data and the implications of any derivations to meet their requirements.
- Investigate data and provide insight to solution feasibility, data quality issues, needed controls, and potential issues in meeting requirements.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- 7 years of experience in a data centric business analysis role in the financial services industry.
BA or MBA (Economics, Finance, Business preferred)
- Strong knowledge of business data within a banking organization.
- Prior experience in the financial industry is highly desirable, specifically as it relates to Risk, Finance, Financial Reporting, Compliance, or Treasury functions.
- Knowledge with Bank Security Act (BSA) processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of key database concepts, data models, relationships between different types of data, etc.
- Ideal candidate will understand customer and account data management practices and data
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Experience with User acceptance testing (UAT) preparation and execution
Administrative/Technical Skills – Job-specific skill requirements, for example,
- Action oriented change agent mentality with a strong drive for results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data using SQL, MS Access, Excel, and BI tools
- Ability to work with people across multiple work-streams.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve problem quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.