At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction, responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex information to support projects and/or in overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to business operations.Responsible for taking on complex and high profile projects. Understand business processes and enterprise analysis responsibilities. Act as primary liaison and support business partners to ensure consistent progression and effective communication.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises business team members to define business needs through utilization to effective data gathering techniques.
- Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Work independently with users to define business needs under direction of project managers.
- Advises on the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective data gathering techniques.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent data interpretation are met and result measurements are implemented.
Other Job Duties
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write user stories, manage scrum calls, and prioritize backlog.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Developers to compose requirements.
- Act as liaison between the customer and the project team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through higher level education combined with work experience.
- Typically viewed as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of Agile Project Methodology experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, Statistics or related field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for documenting necessary processes, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and project documentation as required.Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Complete knowledge of development, maintenance and utilization of PC-based databases; good knowledge of analytical techniques with solid experience in project coordination. Some familiarity with specific business function helpful. Strong demonstrated skills doing Analytical and research, able to Balance figures, Compile statistics, Compose letters/memorandums, Familiarity with bank terminals, able to proofread documents and Research information.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in an understandable manner.
- Must have experience with and able to use Project management tools such as MS Project, Microsoft Visio, Sharepoint (a must), Microsoft Office Suite Products, Snag It, Adobe In-Design; Experience with Project Methodologies: Agile
- Must have strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.