At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for configuration and development in the IBM Incentive Compensation Management tool, including calculation streams, data, reporting, and ETL, supporting the Bank incentive compensation plans
Essential Job Functions
- Build and modify incentive plans and incentive plan components both in the IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) product and SQL Server.
- Oversees the formulation and definition of small project/system scope and objectives and development of detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Ensures change controls, compliance, risk management, business continuity activities for Incentive systems.
- Directs the evaluation existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Reviews the analysis, development and revisions to existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Primary liaison to business partners (internal and/or external) through coding and implementation to ensure incentive plans are implemented correctly in the ICM.
- Counsels business partners by providing coordination and analytical assistance such as interpretation of requirements; developing detailed requirements; and system definition.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains updated systems documentation (including policies and procedures), SLA agreements, audit readiness, and an effective disaster recovery process.
- Develops and builds ETL components using SQL Server SSIS tool.
- Conducts feasibility studies and recommends new or enhanced system components to meet business needs.
- Tracks and reviews vendor deliverables and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education
combined with experience.
viewed as a specialist within discipline.
have broad knowledge of project management.
7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
with the IBM ICM product.
knowledge of database programming, documentation and SQL.
knowledge of applications development methodologies.
knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration.
knowledge of financial Banking systems.
the performance of systems based on analysis and tuning of systems.
leadership, advice, and support to management, staff, and system users in
the application of technology to business projects and services.
requirements and coordinates introduction of enhancements or new products.
with internal businesses to improve/address incentive related business or
technology gaps or deficiencies, communications, system availability, data
integration and customer service.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Human Resources