At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
- 5- 8 years of experience as a professional software engineer
- 3-5 years of experience with big data technology
- Experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks Hadoop stack with on premise solution implementation
- Experience in building, distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in batch and real-time
- Strong experience in programming languages/tools including Java, Scala, Python, Spark, SQL, Hive
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Spark streaming.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka
- Experience in implementing Streaming Architecture
- Working experience with various NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB,
- Working experience with time-series DB such as Apache Druid
- Working knowledge of various columnar storage such as Parquet, AVRO and ORC
- An understanding of software development best practice, Agile/Scrum
- Enthusiasm for constant improvement as a Data Engineer
- Ability to review and critique code and proposed designs, and offer thoughtful feedback in a collegial fashion
- Skilled in writing and presenting - able to craft needed messages so they are clearly expressed and easily understood
- Ability to work independently on complex problems of varying complexity and scope
- Familiarity with ML and AI
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology