Sr. Associate/ Assistant Manager-Trade Finance Controls
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function : Risk and Controls
Maintain the risk taxonomy, cartography and risk assessment at the appropriate level
· Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the RCSA framework within his/her 1st LoD control perimeter at the appropriate level
· Perform/drive the risk identification and assessment in liaison with independent control Functions when needed, ensuring validation by the relevant management level and consistency with the defined risk tolerance
· Contribute to the definition and follow-up of remediation plan if needed
Sr. Associate / Assistant Manager
09th May 2019
Operations Permanent Control
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To perform OPC functions
• Ensure effective execution of controls for the existing trade activities and enhancing the coverage and depth of the same
• Operate operational risk management qualitative and quantitative processes and templates/ tools to achieve defined objectives to provide value to the business including key risk indicators, operational loss/incident assessment, and operational risk dashboards
• Advise status of the control environment. Use findings of control deficiencies to drive risk management and process & control improvement.
• Ensure effective and timely analysis of errors and incidents and implementation of corrective and preventive actions
• Ensure timely closure of findings/recommendations by internal control / regulatory bodies
• Documentation and processes associated to the Permanent Control framework
• Coordinate with stakeholders for control results.
Ensure timely and comprehensive contribution to committees such as Internal Control Committee, Permanent Control Committee
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Trade Finance domain.
• Preferably Good understanding of the principles of risk management.
• Preferably Experience in Trade Compliance, AML, Operational Controls / Reporting and related support functions.
• Strong relationship building skills; adept at working collaboratively to develop and execute coordination plans with a variety of input areas and target audiences
• Ability to work with teams, influence and co-ordinate with onshore and offshore counterparts
• Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
• Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Good knowledge of trade products pertains to Letter of Credit , Exports, Imports , Bank Guarantee.
• Excellent command over w
n and spoken English
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)