At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Contributes to the adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on moderately complex issues.
App Support Engineer will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT production computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation.
The Engineer will also automate and streamline our operational processes with support teams, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor and build recovery actions, troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with the DevOps and Solution delivery application teams to ensure design and sustainability while providing 24/7 support and application deployments for Bank of the West’s enterprise Commercial banking products.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 application support for Treasury Now and Payment applications
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Extensive hands on experience in application monitoring and tuning; Dynatrace, Solarwinds, Pingdom, and Splunk with F5 APM /ASM and Akamai for WAF protection.
- Create and maintain relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs.
- Extensive expertise in various flavors of Unix, specifically Linux
- Strong understanding of development and deployment automation frameworks. Knowledge of systems configuration management tools such as Docker, Gitlab, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Openshift. Experience deploying Java, J2EE, Node, and C++ applications with Python.
- Reviews software policies, standards and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Leads users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Other Job duties:
- Creates Support approach, Estimation, Software Deployment Guide, Supplemental or nonfunctional specification
- Defines and documents software installation and configuration processes.
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Reviews platform requirements and coordinates with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components to comply with IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.