Sr Advanced Analytics Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for analyzing data to ensure integrity and quality, development requirements for granularity, determine history requirements and timelines and mapping rules, documenting the business, data and function requirements to support the development of statistical and econometrics models in support of various risk management, compliance, and business initiatives.The incumbent will collaborate with business, risk personnel and a model implementation team to deliver data models and infrastructure required for Model Risk Management and regulatory compliance. This the second-tier (more advanced level) analyst in the Advanced Analytics job family.
Essential Job Functions
· Responsible for analysis of source data systems and leading work on development of statistical and econometrics models for various risk management activities, including (but not limited to): loss forecasting and stress testing of the Bank's portfolio of loans, reserving, budgeting, account management, profitability, new loan originations and other strategic initiatives, and regulatory compliance.
· Will participate in Development, Testing, Implementation, Deployment, Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation of Models
· Responsible for ongoing Maintenance and Performance Monitoring post implementation of model(s)
· Will assist Sr. Modelers / Managers in analytical research and model development.
Other Job Duties
· Good project management skills, with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects
· Formal modeling experience, a plus.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
· May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Master's Degree in quantitative fields
· Computer programming skills: SAS, R, Python
· Quantitative methods and tools supporting credit risk measurement; Credit risk management infrastructures Credit lifecycle within a commercial/consumer bank
· Must have working knowledge of the Bank’s consumer or commercial loan products
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with statistical modeling platforms such as SAS applied to large data sets is desirable.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.