Sr Administrative Asst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties to senior executives. Requires thorough knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, business, and organization of the bank. Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May handle personal business matters for senior executives to allow the senior executives to concentrate their efforts on managing of the bank’s business. May direct the work of other support personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles day-to-day administrative duties for multiple Senior Compliance leaders
- Maintains and manages senior executives’ calendars, ensures deadlines are met and follows up on pending matters.
- Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Business.
- Controls screening telephone calls, mail, and visitors directed to the Business or Business Leader. Advises callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the unit's function. Interacts with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the unit.
- Engages in frequent communications, coordination and reporting with top tier executives in the IHC and BNPP, both in NY and in Paris
- Compiles data from various sources/systems. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff.
- Determines appropriate data to include in responses to information requests. Reviews compiled statistics and gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials, and determines method of presentation. Furnishes and obtains information from other senior officers or outside clients and/or contacts.
- Prepares letters and memoranda from thorough knowledge of Company's policies, procedures, and functions. Intiates responses to correspondence for senior executive or own signature.
- Sets up and coordinates complex meetings and related equipment for WebEx meetings, Video Conferencing, and Telepresence Meetings, and assists executives in troubleshooting technical issues
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities. Handles complex international travel and lodging arrangements.
- Manages a higher volume of meeting requests and coordination of schedules for senior executives from BOW, IHC and BNPP.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- May take minutes of meetings and maintains the final records of the meetings.
- May plan and manage on-site logistics for small to moderately complex regional events (The Assistant will partner with Corporate Events for all events with over 50 people or an Executive in attendance)
- Ensures all compliance needs are met in accordance with Bank of the West standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administrative/Technical Skills
- Ability to develop credibility and trust through consistent high quality execution and management of events
- Manage very detailed process with multiple tactical elements.
- Strong competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team effectiveness, developing others, strong time management and multi-tasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Demonstrated strong project management and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with executive/senior management teams, clients and vendors.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a strong teamwork ethic; must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office suite, travel and expense software, and ability to quickly learn other applications.
- Have an advanced level of expertise with PowerPoint to create high quality presentations from a variety of data sources, importing data from Excel worksheets in to graphs, pie charts, etc.
- Assist executives with software application set up and/or troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work under pressure and efficiently on several project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced high growth environment where tight deadlines apply and must be met.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.