At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties to senior executives. Requires thorough knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, business, and organization of the bank. Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May handle personal business matters for senior executives to allow the senior executives to concentrate their efforts on managing of the bank's business. May direct the work of other support personnel.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- May take minutes of meetings and maintains the final records of the meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience supporting a senior level executive
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated advanced administrative and secretarial skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and the policies and practices of the Company.
- Advanced personal computer skills necessary to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects.
- Knowledge of leasing and/or Infolease
- Previous knowledge in contract administrative, collections or paralegal is a plus
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we
will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Administrative / Clerical