At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in analyzing financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports. Responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures and executing routine and recurring complex accounting functions for BancWest Corporation and subsidiaries. Additional Job Functions: Specialized Accounting Operations is part of the Financial Controller’s group that covers a diverse collection of corporate accounting responsibilities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Review and analyze accuracy of data from general ledger and various financial systems and provide in-depth business analysis, research and response to questions regarding financial information for Bank of the West and subsidiaries, BancWest Corporation and subsidiaries.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger data by developing, executing and documenting complex accounting functions and processes, applying extensive specialized knowledge.
- Will provide functional advice in accounting policy and procedures, while making recommendations and implementation for accounting processes and procedures.
- As a result of research and analysis, will recommend, implement or communicate practices and procedures for financial control; Ensures all inter-company accounts eliminate properly in final consolidation.
- Analyze, review and verify accuracy of account balances and classifications.
- Develops and maintains appropriate schedules and models for accruals, eliminations, securities, amortization and other accounting transactions, implementing automations and leveraging various systems where beneficial.
- Review changes in balances to identify potential errors and risk, assisting business units in correction of errors and developing enhanced control processes.
- Analyze, develop, validate and execute variety of financial reports to communicate results, trends and issues, incorporating statistical and ration analysis as well as other necessary management accounting review.
- Working with management and business units to identify needs and requirements, recommending prioritizations and alternative solutions to resolve of conflicting needs of various departments.
- Provide support to staff conducting routine accounting functions including but not limited to, month end close support, budget support, preparation of journal entries, invoice processing, amortization schedules, accruals, elimination and consolidation entries, account reconciliations, and certifications of balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Duties also include providing support, recommendations and/or training to lower level accounting positions and non-accountants, including backup support for routine accounting functions.
- Maintains familiarity with changes in US GAAP and other pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
to communicate comfortably and concisely with Management, work well under time
pressure and handle several projects at a time.
excellent time management skills and work well independently.
- Confidently able to influence, negotiate and persuade team members at all levels
at building and designing complex spreadsheets, databases, or ad hoc reports
for external departments
with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
a reputation for integrity, consistency, big picture orientation and business
preferred that you hold one or more of the following designations: MBA, CFA,
CPA or similar designation in Accounting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance