BNP Paribas is looking to build a Level 2 IT Engineer team that will provide Level 2 monitoring and administration of Oracle databases for BNP entities across Europe during business and non-business hours. The goal is to ensure that the DBA services provided to the business are stable, resilient and performant.
The PaaS department is in charge to manage a key part of the infrastructure such the core of the servers, databases, middleware, storage, and OS.
Within this domain, SQL Server DBA has a relevant role, as this component is part of our baseline and cover a large part of our databases scope.
This position is focus on the Administration of SQL Server databases in European scope contributing to ensure the DBA services provided to the business are stable, resilient and performant.
The DBA team is responsible for production support of all SQL Server databases, most of them located in Paris.
Support activities will include:
- Monitoring and capacity management
- Backup and recovery
- Performance analysis
- New database/server architecture and builds
- Ad-hoc consulting to application teams
- General incident and service request resolution
- Change Management
The candidate selected must contribute to preserve the required performance for a very demanding service with many critical databases running on it.
As part of this role, the candidate must contribute to keep a high availability environment.
During the day-to-day activities, the candidate selected must actively collaborate with technical peers to share experiences and needs, with the target being to collectively define solutions to enhance the stability or increase the performance of the services in scope. She/he must provide clear communication to the management team and when required or requested.
We are looking for people with focus on enhancing her/his core skills sets, develop new ones, and share the knowledge with other colleagues.
To work following ITIL methodology is part of the daily basis in all the areas.
We are looking for all levels of seniority as long as you are willing to learn and develop your competences as part as a large international group.
What qualities do we look for?
As an SQL Database Administrator, we expect very good knowledge in the following areas:
- Administration MS-SQL infrastructures (2012 to 2022)
- Expertise on High Availability environments (SQL Server AlwaysOn)
- Team and collaborative working to develop and deliver appropriate solutions skills.
- Experience of delivering strategic priorities within strict timelines.
- Customer service-oriented skills.
- Very good communication skills in English (oral and written); knowledge of French is a plus
- ITIL Foundation knowledge will be desirable
- On site presence (hybrid mode) and on call support is expected
General Skills we expect:
- Eager to learn
- Analytical mind-set
- Be able to write a clear report of your activities
- Understand and follow written instructions and procedures
- Be able to provide updates to existing documentation and procedures
- Very good communication skills and capacity to provide feedback
- Teamwork – we work together and not as individuals
- Adherence to the team schedule
- Capacity to maintain focus on given tasks
- Be proactive
- Respect the processes
Why choose BNP Paribas?
- Progressive career development opportunities of a large multi-national bank
- Talent Development opportunities within BNP Paribas Group
- Employee culture that is focused on creating a great place to work
- Multinational business environment
- On-the-job training and networking opportunities
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.