At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The AgriBusiness and Food Vertical Head is responsible for planning, directing and managing activities of a large, commercial banking market area to accomplish profit, growth, referral, quality, and service objectives. This role is responsible for overall planning and performance in all of the following functions within the market: business development, customer retention, credit and service quality, and human resources management. Additionally, this role has full Profit & Loss responsibility for business unit. The market area may be designated to cover specific industries or business activities requiring special expertise and manages large geographical areas with 2 or more banking offices and/or defined market areas.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data; has authority to approve loans within delegated signing authority level; recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate and/or recommends loans for denial.
- Establishes pricing for loans within guidelines established at the Division and Group level; provides input regarding loan product pricing and features for loans over approval authority.
- Helps develop and implement policies and procedures throughout assigned area to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the Bank.
- Ensures a high standard of credit quality through the process of credit approval and aggressive portfolio monitoring and management.
- May or may not have delegated lending authority depending on the size and scope of the assigned market area.
- Assumes responsibilities for carrying out operations in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary.
- Ensures that the area's operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the Bank.
- Ensures that customer service personnel maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude achieving stated service standards.
- Obtains and evaluates general and specific business conditions, and keeps top management advised on such matters.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operational activities.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank within the designated marketplace.
- Ensures compliance with CRA outreach program.
- Represents the bank as appropriate in its relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Prepares short and mid-range plans.
- Develops budgets for the unit and allocates funds within budget limits to accomplish objectives.
- Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- May participate in acquisition and growth or divestiture activities in designated market, including investigations and evaluations in accordance with Bank objectives and plans.
- Manages employees directly and through subordinate managers, including selection, resource allocation, and performance management.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinates to communicate information, discuss problems, train staff on any procedure changes, and provide forum for staff to discuss pertinent issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree Business
- Requires 12-15 years minimum experience in managing/leading commercial lending/middle market and large corporate teams
- Specific industry/market knowledge may be required.
- Negotiation skills National Banking Division Generally targets companies with sales of $50 million or higher.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Demonstrated management skills
- Marketing skills
- Generally targets companies within the agribusiness/food sectors (grower, shipper, packer, and first level processor).
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-SacramentoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related