IHC Risk IT Development Lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The IHC IT Risk workstream is responsible for providing the bank with risk indicators, Risk Weighted Assets as well as limit and exposure reports. The team is focused on Credit, Counterparty and Market risk therefore covering both Financing Metiers and Capital Market areas.
As a member of the Development team, you will :
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software (Moody’s Analytics)
• Build dynamic and innovative dashboards using Moody’s Discovery (Qlikview)
• Support product development life cycles through development, testing and software implementation
• Maintain and support existing applications, diagnose hardware and software issues
• Consult with users, management, and technical personnel to clarify business requirements, identify problems, and suggest changes / best practices
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
• Knowledge of Moody’s / QlikView is a plus
• Exposure to Banking Industry and US Fed Regulation is a plus
• 3+ years of experience in similar position
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bilingual : English and French
• Strong understanding of software design principles and development best practices within the software development life cycle.
• Very good track record in Oracle database development, i.e. good knowledge & practice of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
• Basic UNIX scripting knowledge
• Familiarity with client/server application development
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Strong technical and problem solving skill set
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Recognized as a strong team player
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Analyze data sets and perform consistency and quality controls.
• Work in team as well as in autonomy.
• Strong ability to research and find technical solutions via technical community collaboration.
• Communicate clearly and concisely to sort out issue under time constraint using English.
• Working knowledge of French is a plus.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.