At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The IAM SSO Software Engineer II contributes to the design,
development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post
implementation support of short- and long-term Single Sign-on (SSO) software
solutions to meet business and technology needs. This Software Engineer II will
support applications strengthening our SSO implementation processes. Reviews
system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements
software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on more
complex issues. The IAM SSO Software Engineer II will work closely within our IAM
Technology Operations team, and collaboratively within our IAM project team.
They will also partner with our IAM Business Operations team as well as with
technology teams across our organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides software development services typically in a
defined complex project(s)
- Conducts a wide range of complex quality control tests and
analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes,
tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Makes recommendations on
- Determines software design requirements
- Reviews software policies, standards and procedures and make
recommendations for change.
- Leads users in the planning of user acceptance testing,
alpha and beta testing
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to
thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to
various environments and support post implementation.
- Creates Conceptual approach, Estimation, Detailed design,
Software Deployment Guide,
- Supplemental or non-functional specification
- Designs and implement one or more of the following from the
CA suite: IdentityMinder, SiteMinder, SiteMinder Federation, ControlMinder,
Governance <Minder and CA Directory Develop SSO
- Provide production support to assigned SSO systems
- Mentors Associate Engineers
- Defines and documents software installation and
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities
with key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Trouble shooting ability in verifying various web agents, SiteMinder logs, monitoring health of environment utilizing One View Monitor
Java/C/C++, VB.NET programming skills
Single Sign-on solution development and application enrollment experience; CA SSO, CA Federation, SAML2.0 experience preferred.
3 years minimum Java development experience
Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
May have practical knowledge of project management.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-North Dakota-FargoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology