At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Perform full SDLC life cycle work, including analysis, design, development, enhancement, testing, maintenance and technical support using agile (Kanban/Scrum) practices within EDS EDW DevOps
• Implement complex ETL/Data Warehouse projects.
• Data mapping, ETL development and, testing, and database design (for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts).
• Data profiling, data analysis and providing business systems analysis. • Function as a BSA to understand and capture relevant business level detail to assist with bridging the gap between the various roles.
• Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for enhancements and production tickets
• Solves business-related problems using data-driven techniques. Looks for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions
• Collaborates with business stakeholders, conducts JAD sessions and translates high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements, functional specifications documents
• Works closely with the business on the front door process and creates Jira tickets for production issues in an agile framework
• Works closely with Product Owners and Platform managers on prioritizing the production issues• Communicates with internal IT groups on upstream and downstream impacts related to the production issues • Gains a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems
• Provide functional/team management of data projects related to one or more of the following: data quality/data governance assessments, data strategy and roadmaps, integration scoping (requirements, design and mapping), and data warehouse architecture, design and implementation.
• Perform information management assessments (review of needs, data quality, data security, etc.) and accurately estimate the implementation effort.
• Apply knowledge of the tools and technologies used by the team – Informatica, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Apply strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
• Apply knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills, data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
• Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
• Support other system analysts, ETL developers and testers providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative delivery solutions
• Performance tuning and end-to-end lifecycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse
• Have awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, backlog grooming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.• May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing • May support users in user acceptance testing
• May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Minimum 5-8 years of overall IT experience
• Minimum 5 years overall Informatica, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence experience.
• Expert knowledge of relational databases, flat files and non-relational database structures.
• Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
• Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
EducationFull Stack Engineering
- Performs moderate difficulty development using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- May maintain low complexity full stack applications
- Possesses deep experience in one function, and 3+ functional areas at beginner or greater level experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Tests using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban or other SDLC methodologies
- Create automation test strategies
- Develop and execute automated tests of moderate complexity and difficulty
- Supports POCs, installation, configuration, and maintenance of shared Testing tools and frameworks
- With minimal guidance will create test utilities and tool connectors in support of creating/maintaining automation frameworks
- Execute performance and load testing strategies
- Understands CI/CD processes, DevOps practices and full-stack methods and has the ability to test, debug, and code
- Solid technical competency in an Object Oriented Programing language
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.