Software Engineer Associate
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Through moderate supervision contributes to the development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on moderately-complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support software development services typically in a defined moderately complex project
- Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions
- Analyzes software design requirements
- Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Defines and documents software installation and configuration processes.
- Reviews platform requirements and coordinates with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components with the compliance to the IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Tests using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban or other SDLC methodologies
- Develops and executes automated tests of lower complexity, may need guidance
- May support POCs, installation, configuration, and maintenance of shared Testing tools and frameworks
- Understands some CI/CD processes, DevOps practices and full-stack methods and has some ability to test, debug, and code
- Aptitude and some technical competency in an Object Oriented Programing language
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.