About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Atlas2 is core-banking system. We support for 9 regions of APAC, NAR and European countries and system operates on EOD/EOM batch processing on data from its petals system. It is interfaced with infocenter which is used for reporting.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is for a Software Engineer with experience of working within a dynamic and demanding environment reacting to changing business needs who works equally well as an individual or as part of a team.
- Provide Technical / Development support on Core banking application ( Atlas2/Infocenter)
- Provide support for various Projects impacting Atlas2
- Design, Develop and testing of application components required for Core Banking
- Provide Level3 production support for Incidents
- Ensure ease of maintenance and knowledge retention through proper documentation of project deliverables as per ISPL policies
- Establish regular communication channels with supervisor and peers through weekly progress report, fortnightly team meeting and regular professional contact.
- Ensure IT deliverables have proper quality control through unit/integration test
- Contribute to the bank information security through the adherence of security and compliance policies where applicable.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in COBOL, Oracle (SQL), Unix Shell Scripting, (Mandatory)
- Experience in Unikix/CICS ( desirable)
- Experience in MQ ( desirable)
- Experience in any scheduling management tool like Unicenter / Autosys (desirable)
- Experience in PERL scripting will be added advantage
- Experience of working in banking / financial projects / applications(desirable)
- Exposure to any configuration management tool like SVN, Serena (desirable)
- Exposure to tools like JIRA, Clarity, ServiceNow (desirable)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications(if required)