At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Conducts gap analysis and risk assessments for multiple solutions. Creates architectural designs for speed and scale. Delivers demos and coaching at scale with multiple teams. Inspires others to adopts modern technology practices. Knowledgeable in multiple disciplines including networking, application security, storage management, and testing.
Essential Job Functions
- Work as part of a team to build React Native iOS / Android applications.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Be able to lead small team of developers.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, gitlab, etc.
- Design and development of web pages, RESTful APIs & Micro services using Node, spring boot, Kafka and React JS
- Code maintenance using GIT, branching strategies and feature branches.
- Perform Code Review and Code Security Review activities before delivery in accordance with development standards and deliver Code Review Reports
- Adhere to Legal, Security and Auditing requirements
- Create and maintain Knowledge Transfer (KT) documents and a Knowledge Base of all such KT documents
- Provide support to QA teams during sprint testing and end-to-end project testing
- 3+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 8+ professional experience with iOS or Android development (Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin) and other professional software development experience.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Experience using Node, Spring boot or other micro-services frameworks along with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Experience in developing mobile and web applications using modern cloud architectures .
- Experience in Banking or financial institution is a plus
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Builds technical designs and solutions by collaborating with architecture and other cross- functional teams
- Conducts gap analyses and risk assessments between multiple solutions / designs and implements high-throughput applications
- Implements and adheres to network policies, such as Load balancers and WAF
- Supports application audit needs and resolves MRA and MIRA
- Works closely with UAT / Operations and IT Support teams to conduct user acceptance testing and to transition products to maintenance teams
- A subject matter expert who effectively conducts demos and technical coaching at scale and in support of multiple teams
- Through automation, helps to build self-service capabilities for teams
- Effective at influencing others without direct supervision on technical design
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.