At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Designs and architects technical solutions providing thought-leadership for teammates. Engages across teams and provides direction and collaboration across disciplines. Establishes disaster recovery and business continuity strategy. Leads 3rd party vendors through implementation of solutions. Coaches junior team members on cloud technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with Product Owners to translate complex business needs into technical solutions; drives consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Drives and builds the technical standards / processes across multiple teams
- Possesses and uses a deep understanding of software Design, Architecture and deployment patterns
- Defines the DR strategy for applications and executes the DR functions, as needed
- Participates in 3rd party vendor software reviews and implements the integrations with 3rd party tools
- Researches and recommends new innovative technologies
- Accomplishes the engineering tasks with expertise
- Expert in using Kubernetes
Other Job Duties
- Leads cross-team collaboration efforts
- Actively participates in recruiting new team members
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.