At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
Contributes to the end to end software application including design, development, testing and deployment in a fast paced agile development environment. Participate in the POCs of new technologies and tools to meet the business needs. This role requires technology agnostic logical problem solving skills to provide business solutions using full stack application development.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands end to end software development and delivery needs, from inception to production
- Participates and performs design and peer code reviews
- Hands-on coder who can build end-to-end software, including micro services architecture, and security and design patterns
- Conducts technical designs reviews with internal and cross-functional teams
- Implements new features, maintaining and refactoring existing code in order to build the new systems or enhance existing applications independently
- Utilizes cloud computing concepts including containers management tools Docker and Kubernetes
- Able to build responsive and ADA compliant web experience
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience
Annual Hiring Range
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for quarterly incentives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.