Job offer: Accountant – Accounting Control Team
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the strongest banks in the world (Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating on a scale of 22).Headquartered in France, BNP Paribas has one of the largest international networks with operations in more than 80 countries and 200,000 employees. Its three core businesses are:
• Corporate and Investment Banking
• Retail Banking
• Investment Solutions
Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd.
BNP Paribas India Solutions Private Limited (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, one of the largest banking groups in the world. BNPPISPL provides IT, IT Enabled Services to the predominantly international Corporate and Investment Banking business of BNP Paribas Group. Corporate and Investment banking is one of the key business lines of BNP Paribas Group. BNPPISPL was created in 2005.
In 2010, BNP Paribas India celebrated its 150th anniversary in India of banking presence.
BNPPISL is looking for experienced professionals in the core finance domain in the areas of management accounting, financial reporting and accounting controls. This group will service multiple BNP Paribas CIB locations worldwide.
Job and Person Specification
Senior Associate - Level 2 Accounting Controls
Finance Shared Services
Shift Timings , if any:
Job Purpose :
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting control of BNP Paribas entities in Asia Pacific.
- Drive the account owner sign-off and first level accounting control certification process
- Perform and document accounting controls and analysis
- Contribute to the automation of certain accounting control processes and the standardisation of booking schemes among entities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting controls on a list of key areas defined by the BNP Paribas Standard Accounting Control Group Plan, including deal and position reconciliations, nostro reconciliations, manual entries, dormant accounts, risk rating and provisioning, intercompany reconciliation, internal deals, FX sell-down etc.
- Identify system / control deficiencies and propose solution to improve the accounting control environment
- Ensure that the Accounting Control Repository Database is updated with the changes in accounts, controls and ownership
- Based on the Accounting Control Repository Database, generate and release the Account owner sign-off and first level control certification packages
- Monitor account and 1st level control sign-off and escalate problems identified.
- Contribute to the preparation of the “Entity Control Reports” that provides Chief Financial Officers with an overview of accounting control outcome on a monthly basis.
- Monitor Accounting Control outcomes through key performance and key risk indicators
- Prepare ad hoc control memo upon request when an issue is identified.
- Ensure the good coordination with the Regional Financial Reporting team, in particular whenever an accounting issue needs to be addressed
- Participate to Finance Projects linked to Accounting Controls
- Contribute to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
- Report incidents and accounting issues.
Candidate Requirements for the role:
• Education Background:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Accounting degree or equivalent
• #years of experience:
- 3 to 5 years experiences on accounting audit or accounting control
• Technical knowledge & Skills:
- Banking (mandatory)
- IFRS knowledge (Preferable)
- Strong PC skill: advance Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MS Access and data extraction (e.g. Business Objects) would be an advantage
• Industry / Domain experience :
- Former audit experience or experiences on the accounting controls within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services (mandatory)
• Behavioural Skills / Competencies:
- English fluent
- Good communication skill
- Strong analytical mind
- Team spirit
- Hard working
- Manages pressure and priorities during the closing process
- Curiosity and open to other cultures