SME Credit Division Manager - Practice Finance & Healthcare Lending
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a team of Underwriters, reviews and decisions credit requests within an assigned business line and administers the credit underwriting and approval process, portfolio quality, and service quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads and manages staff to ensure the proper review and structure of loan proposals that meet the customers' or prospects' needs while conforming to bank and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data to make a final credit decision (approval or declination) within their signing authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate.
- Interacts with line units, Business Credit Operations (BCO), business partners and vendors to assure the process and communication are done in an efficient manner.
- Works in conjunction with BCO to ensure appropriate portfolio management practices are coordinated with underwriters and line relationship managers.
- Ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met for credit decisions, telephone, and e-mail responses staff.
- Analyzes portfolio performance and trends. Makes recommendations and/or implement changes (when applicable) to meet the Bank's credit quality objectives.
- Assists in identifying and managing troubled assets and potential troubled assets in assigned area.
- Creates / maintains dashboards, communication, and strategy to improve effectiveness.
- Document inter-departmental processes, linkages, and opportunities for cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Admin or related degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of lending policies, procedures and related regulations.
- Effective negotiation skills, planning and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software.
- Commercial lending experience, with direct line accountability exposure to all products (i.e. line, loan, real estate). Practice finance and healthcare lending is a plus.
- Credit review/exam or credit administration experience is preferred, but not required.
- Credit review/exam or credit administration.
- Assigned a "complex" segmentation model of loans ranging from $500K to $5M dollars.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.