About the job
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for an end-to-end implementation process from initiative framing to new teams setup
- The mission is to lead in/outsourcing programmes or projects to success, overseeing risk assessment process while managing project team members and striving for the continuous improvement of the project management methodology and associated tools and techniques.
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure meaningful project structure and governance in a complex project portfolio
- Regular management of key stakeholders including senior management and support functions across BNP Paribas group (EMEA, APAC)
- Provide method and expertise to frame and execute the project on time, on quality and on budget
- Lead the project team on a daily basis (tasks allocation, prioritisation) to ensure successful delivery
- Ensure the efficient management of project resources
- Bring top-down perspective, manage key stakeholders and escalate any transversal issues
- Provide continuous support and coaching to team members
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team’s ways of working
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance, Economics or Engineering
- Experience in project management and mastery of project management methodologies and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication, with excellent command of English
- Proficient command of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, with proactivity, consistency and a results driven mindset
- Ability to create an open and supportive atmosphere, encouraging others to express themselves
- Ability to deliver impactful presentations to the internal clients (senior management)
- Proven emotional and situational intelligence to influence positively clients towards change, with the ability to take on the facilitator role, mobilising project contributors appropriately
- Ability to provide honest and independent advice and to act with discretion, privacy, confidentiality
About the team
- Smartsourcing & Management Office is part of the COO department of BNP Paribas in Portugal
- The team supports the growth and transformation of Portugal Territory by providing business and contract management, project management office, advisory and project delivery services
- Made of 50+ individuals, the team supports all businesses in Portugal and has developed over the past years a solid experience and expertise to delivering projects, industrialising as much as possible the execution phase while complying with internal policies and local regulations
- The team is now pursuing its development and seeks for a Senior Project Manager permanently based in our offices in Lisbon who has a proven track- record in delivering large and complex transformation initiatives to support a steady project portfolio coupled with an increasing demand for business and digital transformation
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.