At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West is seeking a Small Business Banking Relationship Manager
(SBBRM) to serve our small businesses with annual revenues generally up to $10
Million; specifically in the Agricultural industry. This position will be responsible
for managing, developing and retaining a dedicated portfolio of profitable and
high potential business banking relationships.
Additionally, the Small
Business Banking Relationship Manager (SBBRM) will partner with Business
Banking Officers, Branch Managers and other bank employees to retain and grow
current business banking relationships. The SBBRM will independently interpret
and provide recommendations and solutions unique to each client's specific
banking needs. The SBBRM is responsible for developing the assigned credit
portfolio quality and managing requests for credit extensions and ensuring
credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills by
recognizing and understanding client problems and needs and responding
- Gathers information and sorts through complex issues in
order to make timely decisions.
- Is the primary contact for a portfolio of business
- Focuses on client retention and growth by providing
consultative advice and solutions to enhance and expand the client's
entire banking relationship including deposits, loans, cash management,
capital markets, wealth management, equipment leasing and trade finance.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the
Bank's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business
practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan packages.
- Works closely with underwriting teams to analyze and
structure new credit requests, renewals and annual reviews.
- Obtains financial statements, tax returns and other
credit information. Interviews loan applicants to interpret information
regarding their business needs, earnings and repayment abilities to assist
in determining if a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Attains an understanding of client's objectives and
- Maintains a thorough understanding of business
- Understands client's business practices and interprets
the operational risk to the bank.
- Reviews client's accounts and is responsible for
approving operational risks associated with the relationship; including
NSF/OD's, fees and transaction items.
- Stays aware of developing industry and market trends
and actively researches and participates in the industries that make up
the assigned portfolio.
- Generates new business to the Bank through referrals
from the assigned portfolio.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains assigned annual and quarterly goals for
revenue growth, new business development, and customer service &
- Ensures job duties are performed within established bank
controls, risk and audit protocols.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups
to ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank CRA
- Manages all communications with customers related to
credit and non-credit issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
degree in business, finance, or economics OR minimum 7 years relevant work
7 years proven consultative sales experience in financial services,
business to business sales, or small business banking
track record of prospecting new business, enhancing existing relations and
meeting/exceeding sales goals
sales skills and client management experience
be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of clients and industry
of partnering and negotiating with internal partners to solve client
have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel,
- Comfort and familiarity with commercial lending
principles within Agricultural lending.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Greenwood VillageJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related