About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe
with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than
202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key
positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International
Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are
covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional
Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and
institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals,
community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional
clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing,
investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic
markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal
Finance is the European leader in consumer
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated
retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe
and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate
& Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities,
BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the
Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist committed to helping clients achieve their ambition both in terms of investment and cross-border distribution. Our extensive network of over 95 markets and the rich diversity of our people enable us to provide our institutional clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
Within Securities Services, and among the business units and professionals supporting clients globally, is the Custody Settlements and Cash Operations team of BNP Paribas NY Branch (Bank/Global Custodian business). Our team supports client’s post-trade processes including: trade and global CCY cash settlement along with foreign exchange, mutual fund and physical certificate management. This role is based in the Jersey City, NJ office and is part of a dual-office structure with peers located in the Lisbon, Portugal offices of Securities Services. The team manages the daily flow of financial transactions, settlement and reporting between the client and the local market agent or international/central securities depositories. While the team’s volumes and daily activity is weighted towards the US market (DTC/NSCC, Fed), our coverage includes the fast-growing global custody offering that is supported across regions.
- Status (before, on, and post contractual settle date), troubleshoot and settle transactions with service partners, external clients, agents/depository, and/or counterparties towards trade fail mitigation
- Daily monitoring and deadline driven processing of incoming and outgoing transactional instructions from/to client and to/from agent/depository
- Adherence to client Service Level Agreements/Descriptions (SLA/SLD)
- Inquiry management, with attention to established timelines
- Strict observance of Daily checklist, procedural and internal/regulatory/compliance/operation risk controls
- Status and resolve cash and/or stock breaks between custody and client or agent/depository and custody along with any additional risk data as assigned by team lead/manager
- Elevate potential risk – client, counterparty, reputational, financial, regulatory, etc. to team leads/manager with immediacy
- Review OFAC/Sanction blocks of transactional activity and complete Compliance/Regulatory/Continuing Education ahead of assigned deadlines
- Develop solutions with peers, service partners and IT to continually improve quality of service delivery, reporting, and transactional flows with attention towards cost effectiveness, automation, system enhancements, new products/services and efficiency.
- Involvement in client/agent/depo asset migrations, system UAT, industry changes, business continuity support, audits or significant productions changes (note: will include some weekend coverage across the year in each location)
- Actively participate and contribute to personal development and career development alongside the team lead/manager – training courses, research, BNP initiatives, etc.
- Enrich fail, trade status, and/or client reporting and communicate with service partners towards delivering premier services, developing relationships, and improving the client experience; locally and with global peers across client facing and operational teams
- Cross train with peers across global and US activities covered within the Settlements and Cash team for seamless solution delivery
- Actively participate in projects – independently, with team/partners, and regionally
Minimum required qualifications
- College/University degree
- Experience in the financial services industry at a bank/broker, service provider or as a custodian
- Familiarity with the trade lifecycle and industry participants to the process flow
- Fed direct participant experience – 2 years or more
- SWIFT messaging - securities, reporting, cash and FX message types
- Client or Operational support experience for global agent network
- Background in project lifecycle participation, delivery and reporting
- Fedwire or CHIPs funds transfer experience
- DTC experience (or global depository, ICSD)
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Jersey CityJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…