Senior Trust Administrator - Private Client Administration
To provide Trust & Fiduciary Services to clients of the BNP Paribas group.
Main Job Purpose
- Administration of all fiduciary related administration functions and services within portfolio of clients.
- Communicate with clients and professionals, responding to queries, requests, instructions, advice provided and implementing with prior management agreement/authority as required.
- Contribute where required to the BNP Paribas Jersey Group and BNP Paribas Jersey Trust Corporation business and management objectives as a member of the administration team.
- Responsibility for identification and reporting to Trust Manager and JTC Risk Manager of all risks within portfolio of clients.
- To work closely with Private Bankers and WMS to provide high quality service to their clients.
Be familiar and carry out all fiduciary duties in line with the requirements of the relevant trust/company law, maintaining accurate records on the business software or paper based as required by JTC policy and procedures;
Assist with the training and development of members of the administration team where required;
Be aware of regulatory and business developments;
Contribute to business and administration team objectives through active involvement in projects, supporting continuous improvement philosophy through ideas and positive attitude to change;
To attend regular meetings with Trust Manager as necessary to discuss administration matters relating to own portfolio;
Ensure discharge of fiduciary obligations in conjunction with compliance;
Ensure discharge of duties as a ‘C’ signing authority of JTC and its Subsidiaries;
Report to Manager on a regular basis in agreed formats on all appropriate administration issues
· Good knowledge of relevant trust and company law and fiduciary principles legislation and regulatory requirements
· Good knowledge and application of “Proceeds of Crime Law” and regulatory guidelines
· Commercial and fiduciary risk awareness
· Sound practical knowledge and understanding of Trust deeds and associated legal documents
· General understanding of global tax practice effecting the industry including UK and US tax legislation, FATCA and CRS;
· Good understanding of corporate secretarial responsibilities and duties and the responsibilities and duties of directors and the practical application thereof in the offshore industry.