Senior Transition Coordinator
- Client Implementation
- KYC & Due Diligence
- BAU Transactions for example account opening both on boarding and on going
- Business Transformation
- Operational Controls including oversight
Transitions (BAU) will cover the Custody and Middle Office products, with potential expansion to cover other products in the future. This will cover the following activities:
- Planning and pipeline management
- Account life cycle management
- Instruction and co-ordination of transition activity
- Update of core platforms
- Pre live checks
- Post event management
- Supporting client implementation projects of large, complex on-boards.
- Outside of client implementation projects:
- Vanilla / Existing fund types
- Existing Product
- Existing Asset Type
- Existing Operating Model
- No Legal Impact
- No commercial impact
The following events are managed by our BAU Transitions Team:
- Fund Take-On
- Fund Take-Off
- New fund launches
- Portfolio Re-organisations
- Change in Custodian
- Fund Mergers
- Fund re-structures
- To oversee the delivery of the GCUK Transitions Teams daily deliverables
- To be a point of escalation for all internal stakeholders and manage such escalations in an appropriate manner, further escalating to your line manager where appropriate
- To support and develop the team members within GCUK Transitions ensuring they are fully motivated and supported to achieve the department’s mission and objectives.
- Build positive relationships with all key stakeholders, raising the profile of the BAU Transitions team, ensuring the team is a highly respected both internally and externally.
- Support existing clients to implement new funds onto existing operating models, ensuring we meet or exceed client SLA commitments and KPI targets to achieve positive client perception ratings.
- Support the client implementation teams to land new business, by maintaining a first class transition execution track record for all on-boarding activity.
- Effective pipeline management aligned to proactive capacity planning to manage transition landing slots
- Ensure all BAU Transition events follow the agreed best practice approach and methodology
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience of transition event execution
- Proven ability to successfully lead and deliver client deliverables.
- Experience of applying a strong control and risk management environment to all activities.
- Is able to use initiative to accurately assess new situations and potential solutions that have no precedent.
- A visionary – able to come up with new ways of doing things, happy to challenge the status quo.
- Good people management skills. Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate others.
- Develop people through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Act as an excellent role model to others, recognising strengths and weakness and providing advice and timely feedback.
- Good influencing skills, able to influence others not under their direct control.
- Cultural awareness and able to see things from others point of view.
- Strong integrity to deal with conflicting interest from multiple stakeholders.
- Prioritisation skills – able to assess multiple scenarios and present pros and cons of each and propose most appropriate course of action.
- Experience of providing detailed practical advice on overcoming business issues/challenges.
- Broad understanding of different markets, asset classes and instruments typically used within investment banking and fund administration, such as equities, commodities, FX, bonds, swaps, options etc.
- Experience working with offshore centres
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account relative and conflicting priorities, seeking win/win solutions where possible and mitigating negative impacts where not.
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrable track record of successfully interacting, influencing and communicating at all levels with due regard to the nature of the intended audience.
- Strong presentation skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive and champion change within an environment of comparable size & complexity.
- Able to move between strategic thinking and tactical application (including being prepared to roll your sleeves up and do it yourself when appropriate).
- A strong knowledge of our organisation, our products and our people.
- Experience across a range of BPSS environments, such as IFSO, CCS and MFS.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2