About the job
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management Offering team are currently growing in Portugal. This Team is in charge of executing, on the various authorised markets where the Bank operates orders from Wealth Management private clients on the following instruments:
- Equities & ETFs (>50’000 transactions annually)
- Bonds (~20’000 transactions annually)
- Listed derivatives (~15’000 transactions annually)
- The team operates on an 7:00-21:30 rolling basis. Some sophisticated private clients have a direct access to the Execution desk to place orders directly with a Trader
- The team operate on all majors markets (Asia, North and South America, Europe).
Your Main Activities Are
- Execute orders for the Bank’s clients within applicable laws and regulation applying to this activity (best execution, internal procedures, code of conduct, work ethics)
- Ensure that all traded products are approved products for the Bank, and that transactions are executed with approved Brokers
- Contribute to the night desk coverage for North American markets
- Contribute to dealing coverage on selected local bank holidays, in order to ensure the desk’s execution ability on open markets
- Know and apply relevant procedures in case of operational errors
- Actively contribute to search for and selection of execution brokers
- Ensure transaction control and execution of orders from Direct Access Clients
- Contribute to the drafting of market comments prior to market opening, as well as newsflash related to major market events
- Contribute to selected technical tasks (trading support, OMS), including evolution over time as required by clients and monitoring of related IT developments
- Report issues and trading errors to local management as well as, where required, to the Advisory Management team
- Act as a liaison with other functions: Middle Office, Back Office, Counterparties
Profile and Skills to Success
- Up to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English. Fluency in French or Portuguese are strong advantages
- Strong analysis capacity, rigor and accuracy, dynamism, autonomy, organization and responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and commit to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal working relationships
- Able to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.