In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
1 - Context, main goals & scope
BNP Paribas Wealth Management Information Services “IT HUB” has initiated to improve its testing capability within its Chennai location.
The testing activity scope is:
• Test management
• Test delivery (Test planning, Test design, Functional testing, System integration tests, Regression tests and progress reporting).
2 – Profile required
• Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in software testing in the Wealth Management banking industry
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in test management
• Understand the project needs and communicate the best possible and cost effective solutions
• Experience in working various life cycle methodologies like Water fall, V – Model, Agile and Iterative models.
• Experience in managing manual testing team, Automation and Test management tool like ALM.
• Experience in Continuous integration and Continuous delivery.
• Experience in test management in big programs, projects and support releases
• Producing KPIs for Testing practice periodically.
3- Soft skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good English oral & written skills
• Report promptly (oral and written)
• Capacity to be a “coach” to IT HUB teams
• Team player but can also work independently
• Analytical and precise: Capacity to challenge the team and convince based on facts; high problem-solving attitude
3- Technical skills
• Experience in creating project testing plan and Test summary reports for every phase.
• Experience in test approaches based on the nature of the projects and SDLC methodology.
• Experience in defining test approach with definitive testing techniques and defining test data management for a given project
• Experience in reviewing test cases and assist testers to bring 100% test coverage.
• Experience in estimating the testing effort.
• Experience in defining test approach for performance testing and defining load profiles based on NFRs.
• Experience in Digital applications (Mobility) and Java and legacy technologies
• Experience in testing REST APIs using Postman or any equivalent tools
• Experience in continuous integration and Continuous delivery.
• Experience in Test Automation tools like UFT / Selenium / Appium.
• Experience in Test management tools like HP ALM.
• Able to understand the application architecture diagrams and Low level design documents.
• Experience in 3 or N – Tier applications such as Presentation Layer, Middle tier and Back end tiers.
• Experience in testing of Middle tier layers such as MQ, CFT, (Flat File interface), Web Services, Batch processing.
• Experience in testing back end technologies like Oracle and DB2 with Minimum SQL knowledge
• Experience in testing presentation layer like Java and .NET applications.
• Knowledge in Continuous integration.
• On the need basis, should be able to write test cases.
4- Nice to have
• Experience in any of the development languages such as Java / .NET
• Experience in testing Banking products like Calypso, OLYMPIC, Temenos AAA, CRM is a plus